I love repurposed stuff. I’m always clicking the ‘like’ or ‘love’ buttons in FB or Pinterest when I see genius uses of old stuff that would otherwise wind up in the trash. No surprise then when I brought home the two short end pieces of a Jenny Lind style crib. Nor should it be a surprise that I don’t have a clue as to what I’m going to do with them.
Well, ok. That’s not entirely true. I have ideas; I’ve been pinning ideas on Pinterest. But I haven’t settled on anything. So far, I’ve been slowly sanding off the old faded paint. I bought black spray paint to resurface them. Here are my leading ideas thus far, and I want your opinions.
1. Hang one in my very sloppy son’s room for him to hang his clothes on that aren’t all that dirty and can be worn again. Hang the other in my work space to hold those sewing projects that I’m working on, getting them off of the dresser.
2. Hang both in my workspace and on one, hammer in nails at an angle to hold my spools of thread.
3. Hang them in the laundry room so we can air dry stuff, even herbs.
4. Trellis in the garden or to reign in my raspberries.
5. The only reason I haven’t opted for a desk or bench is because I don’t have anywhere to put it.
Ok…what do you think? Got any ideas I haven’t thought of?